Savings and Investments
You may be saving for your children’s future education costs, looking to repay an interest-only mortgage or trying to outperform deposit rates. Whatever your reason for regularly saving or investing, you want to be sure you are making the most of the options available.
Wide range of choices
There are many saving and investment options available. The right ones for you depend on your situation, amount you can save or invest, your attitude to risk and how long you want to tie up your money. We can explore all the choices for you, including:
- Tax beneficial options, such as ISAs and pensions. We can assess your savings in line with your overall financial strategy to make sure you and your family are making the most of the tax benefits available . Please be aware that the Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate Tax Advice.
- Long-term savings and investment vehicles, such as endowment policies and investment bonds. With both, the lump sum you receive at the end of the term is not guaranteed and depends on the performance of the investments your money is invested in.
- Low-risk options, such as bank accounts, although unless you are using deposit accounts, you must be prepared to see the value of your investment fall.
- Ways to potentially outperform interest rates, such as shares (equities). You can invest directly in shares or indirectly through vehicles such as an investment fund. However, it is important to remember that the value of investments can fall as well as rise. You may not get back what you invest.
- Investment vehicles to spread the risk, such as investment funds and fixed interest securities. With an investment fund such as a unit trust or open-ended investment company (OEIC), your money is pooled with other investors’ money and invested in a range of investments, which can spread the risk. And securities, such as corporate bonds and gilts, are generally considered lower risk than shares, and can play a role in diversified investment portfolio to reduce risk.
We offer full investment management services and can help you build and manage your portfolio.
Contact our independent financial advisors to find out more about the savings and investment options available to you.